4886RE: [aloha-donblanding] Indian River Magazine article

    Oct 8, 2013

      I agree with you Karen.  Tom keep on searching.

      Bev.

      From: aloha-donblanding@yahoogroups.com [mailto: aloha-donblanding@yahoogroups.com ] On Behalf Of Karen Cotter
      Sent: Tuesday, October 08, 2013 9:42 AM
      To: aloha-donblanding@yahoogroups.com
      Cc: BOB
      Subject: Re: [aloha-donblanding] Indian River Magazine article

      Well, I wouldn't sweat that appellation, tj...you are the only one that shares your most exciting findings in your ongoing hunt with all of us.

      I "met" Keith way back when, when his daughters were but mere tots and we chatted for a while, but I've never heard or read anything of his findings. Same with Cadia, et al. While I like them both admire their hard work and professionalism, I have not the personal Blanding connection with them as I do you as you share your research. Worry not - would you rather she called you the "hindmost" scholar of Blanding? ha ha ha We all know you are surely not that.

      We all have enjoyed your journeys and discoveries, at least I have.

      Karen Cotter

      -----Original Message----c-

      edition of the Indian River magazine.

      > The author took her own liberties in describing me as the "foremost
      scholar" of Blanding. These were not my words. It was her own interpretation of the situation. She knew little of Blanding and found me via the Carmel Heritage Society who referred her to me. We emailed for weeks as I built up her knowledge of Blanding so she could write the article. I offered to co-write it but she declined and proceeded on her own with the final published article.
      > I know that Cadia, Keith and other have contributed as much as I to the
      growing knowledge and legend of Blanding. This sentence did bother me and I wanted to put it out to the group as such.
      > I am continually searching for markets like this to promote Blanding and
      will continue to do so. Hopefully, this clarifies this little uneasy situation for myself. Thanks...tj