4859Huntington Library

    Jul 31, 2013
      I've received my first batch of material from the Huntington.  There's nothing exciting in it except some letters between DB and Elisa London Shepard, who managed Jack London's property in Glen Ellen CA.  It does tell me that Don himself knew her prior to going there for a few weeks on his way to Carmel with Scotty on their road trip.  I recall some past speculation that it was Armine that knew Elisa and it was she that got them to go there.  Apparently not.  Much of the material is dated which is a bit unusual for DB but nice for putting it into a time line.  My next batch will be the letters/communications from/to his agent.  Those might be more interesting.  tj