4794Re: [aloha-donblanding] Allen Sawtelle

  • mauibandb@...
    Feb 18, 2013
      TJ
      I don't remember if you asked Desoto Brown if he knew who she was? He use
      to be with the Bishop Museum and was an afficionado of Blanding and his
      era?
      I am not sure if he maintains a presence in the blanding Group?
      Let me know if you want to contact him I will rustle the bushes and get
      contact information.
      aloha
      tom

      In a message dated 2/16/2013 6:38:30 A.M. Hawaiian Standard Time,
      tjmarkle@... writes:

      No. I compared this picture with the oil painting picture of AuntyPinau
      and
      they appear to be the same person. If I could date it, and it was in the
      40's,
      it would give credence to the Harry Owens version of her death in 46-47.
      Looking at Don's face and weight, I would say it is in the early 30's and
      maybe
      even 1929 when he was flown over to Honolulu for the 10th annual Lei Day
      celebration. Who knows. Research is sometimes a guessing game. No word
      yet
      from the Star-Advertiser. I don't want to bug them myself. She probably
      has
      her own timeline for articles she's working on. We're not the only fish
      in the
      tank. tj