4788Woodblock Printed techniques

  • tjmarkle2005
    Feb 2, 2013
      Who in our group might be knowledgeable about woodblock carving and printing techniques? I own several blocks depicting DB's artwork that then appeared in a DB book. I'm researching this right now. I know DB wasn't involved in the carving of the woodblocks themselves but I'm curious if this was "the "modern technique" to be used in the 20's and 30's or if it was an artistic choice made by the publisher. I'm reading and learning about it. It is a very involved labor intensive technique. I've printed the image off of my blocks and they are quite worn with lots of gaps in the black ink portions. More to learn - more to learn...tj