4739Ida Kimble Bacon Blanding - found 6th child!

  • duchess017
    Oct 4 1:29 AM
      This has been a very productive evening (well, early Thursday morning).

      I found the exact date of marriage for Ida Kimble and Edwin Bacon -- April 25, 1872 in Chester, Wabasha County, Minnesota. Ida was only 17, having been born in February 1855 in Wisconsin.

      Before that, I found a citation (Minnesota, Deaths and Burials, 1835-1990) for the death of Ida and Edwin's first child, daughter Ada Bacon. The baby -- most likely named after Ida's twin sister Ada -- died on May 13, 1873, in Mazeppa, Wabasha County, Minnesota. Her birth date is listed only as 1873.

      So dear Ida loses 2 daughters in infancy before she herself turns 20 years old. Then her husband dies at age 30 in 1877 and she is left a young widow at 22 with a year-old daughter, Jessie.

      What a rough start!