4738Ida Kimble Bacon Blanding - found 5th child!

  • Cadia
    Oct 4, 2012
      Remember when we discovered that on the 1900 census the entry for Ida Blanding indicated 6 children, 3 living? (Those would be Hugh W., James K. and Donald B., since her daughter Jessie Bacon had died in 1899.)

      Well, I've discovered another daughter!

      According to the Minnesota, Births and Christenings, 1840-1980, Ida and her first husband Edwin Harlan Bacon (1847-1877) had an unnamed daughter on March 16, 1874. The child was born in Chester, Wabasha County, Minnesota. Sadly, the baby died less than 2 months later on May 8, 1874 (Minnesota, Deaths and Burials, 1835-1990).

      Since I knew Ida and Edwin had married in 1872, I always suspected that there was another child before Jessie, who was born in 1876.

      Now to find a gravesite and a name!

      ~~Cadia