4641Re: Rogue River DB

  • Keith
    Apr 26, 2011
      But remember Curt...HAWAII SAYS ALOHA was filled with recycled work...poetry and illustrations culled from earlier books...a sort of BEST OF collection of his earlier works.

      I think there was some new material, but Jerry's friend's drawing could still be an earlier work.

      Keith

      --- In aloha-donblanding@yahoogroups.com, Curt Blanding <curt@...> wrote:

      > Hi Jerry,
      >
      > My guess is that the date should be 1951. This drawing was published
      > in 1955 in "Hawaii says Aloha."
      >
      > The Dust Jacket inside the front cover says -
      >
      > "Profusely illustrated in a variety of colors, with the writer's
      > entirely new drawings ..."
      >
      > hope this helps,
      > Curt
      >

      > At 09:53 AM 4/26/2011, you wrote:
      > >it might be possible to decipher the date that DB signed it (in 19?1)

    • Show all 13 messages in this topic