4639Rogue River DB

  • onion3851
    Apr 26, 2011
      This morning we had a professional artist, Brian Day, come in to the Senior Center and look at the Don Blanding artwork. He said it is clearly an original work, and he showed us the the pencil marks that show up clearly under his magnifier. It is white paper that is painted with black brush strokes, not a pen. He recommended that we have a professional put a new frame on it, and when they take it apart look to see if there is any information on the back of the painting, perhaps the name of the painting or names and dates when it was painted or given. Also when it is out of the frame it might be possible to decipher the date that DB signed it (in 19?1). Thank you all for your interest and help and I will post additional information as we go along on this interesting journey.
    • Show all 13 messages in this topic