      From: Cadia Los <duchess@...>
      Subject: [aloha-donblanding] Re: New Member
      To: aloha-donblanding@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Wednesday, July 1, 2009, 6:05 PM

      Hi, Jack ...

      Thanks for adding your remembrance of your Aunt Ada and Uncle Joe. Do you know what year they married?

      In the past year or so I've added quite a bit of genealogical information to the Files. Based on the 1900 census, and the fact that Louis P. and Sarah were married in 1869, Ada was born in April 1871, not in 1867. Here's what I have:

      1900 Census: Wichita, Sedgwick County, Kansas
      Series: T623 Roll: 499 Page: 66
      Enumeration: June 1
      Page 66, A & B

      Household: 423 North Walnut Street

      Smith, D. W., b. Jan. 1832, age 68, married 38 years, widowed?, b. New York, dentist

      Champion, A. S., daughter, b. June 1864, married 6 years, divorced?, b. Ohio

      Champion, P. C., grandson, b. Aug. 1891, age 8, b. Kansas or Ohio, parents b. Ohio

      Hudson, Sarah, roomer, b. July 1849, age 51, married 31 years, 4 children, all living; b. WI, father b. PA, mother b. WI, dressmaker

      Hudson, Ada, roomer [daughter], b. April 1871, age 29, married, b. MN, father b. MI, mother b. WI, stenographer

      Hudson, Louis, roomer, [son], b. April 1882, age 18, single, b. Dakota Territory, father b. MI, mother b. WI, news agt. on RR

      Hudson, Helen, roomer [daughter], b. October 1888, age 11, single, b. KS, father b. MI, mother b. WI, at school
      My questions are:

      Where is Louis P. in 1900? Why is Ada listed as "Hudson" but married? Where is her husband? Where is her brother Charles S.?

      I do know that Charles (b. 2/5/1874) married Gertrude Elsie McCormick in 1902 and they were living in Tishomingo, OK, in 1905 when their son Donald M. was born. About 1906 or 1907, the family removed to Bend, OR, where they remained about 25 years. They later surfaced in Southern California, where Charles S. died on 11/9/1953.

      Any clues you can provide?

      By the way, folks, let's not confuse our Ada's here. Ada Hudson is Sarah Kimble's daughter married to Joseph Burbank; Ada Kimble Philley is Sarah's younger sister married to Issaac L. Philley; Ada Martin supposedly is Elizza A., 1878 bride of Albert Kimble, Sarah's elder brother.

      Then there's DB's aunt Emma Blanding, whose husband was J. Q. Burbank. Probably no connection to Joseph Burbank, but you never know with these families!

      Are we confused yet?

      ~Cadia