4435Re: Iwalani Basler and the Jasmine House

    Jan 27, 2009
      Tom,

      How wonderful to find a living link to both DB and your own family!

      I would imagine that Mr. Basler could provide a sense of what Honolulu
      was like, both pre-war and post-war, and might recall DB's sojourns
      there in 1937, 1939-40 and again in the early 1950s. Was he even born
      when Paradise Loot was published?

      When the opportunity presents itself, I hope you'll be able to obtain
      an oral history to help connect the bits of DB trivia we've collected
      over the years.