      From: Robert Richmond <RSRICHMOND@...>
      Subject: Re: [aloha-donblanding] Blandings Poem in movie "Star Night at the Coconut Grove"
      To: aloha-donblanding@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Friday, September 19, 2008, 9:05 AM

      The verse of "Hollywood" puts me in mind of a poem that was well known
      in Don Blanding's day (and was still in one of my grade school
      literature books around 1950, though the teacher never mentioned it) -
      Robert Southey's "The Cataract of Lodore". See
      http://en.wikipedia .org/wiki/ Cataract_ of_Lodore

      In your transcription of the third verse of Blanding's poem, shouldn't
      one of the "sextra's" be "extra"?

      Bob Richmond
      Knoxville TN