4404Re: [aloha-donblanding] Blandings Poem in movie "Star Night at the Coconut Grove"

  • Robert Richmond
    Sep 19, 2008
      The verse of "Hollywood" puts me in mind of a poem that was well known
      in Don Blanding's day (and was still in one of my grade school
      literature books around 1950, though the teacher never mentioned it) -
      Robert Southey's "The Cataract of Lodore". See
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cataract_of_Lodore

      In your transcription of the third verse of Blanding's poem, shouldn't
      one of the "sextra's" be "extra"?

      Bob Richmond
      Knoxville TN