439[aloha-donblanding] Re: Interesting reference?

  • Sunny L Worel
    Feb 22 3:15 PM
      I will head over to Wilson Library within the next week and see what the
      situation is. I just got back from Europe and feel kind of bogged down.

      Sunny

      Sunny Worel sunny@...
      Bio-Medical Library http://umn.edu/home/sunny
      University of Minnesota (612) 626-4583

      On Tue, 22 Feb 2000, Cadia Los wrote:

      > Sunny,
      >
      > DeSoto Brown's name has been on a card in my wallet for years. I
      > finally removed it this month when I changed purses to go to Texas.
      > Since I'm at work right now, I'm not sure if the article you cite is
      > the one on my card, but I do know I could not get a copy.
      >
      > So can you get a good, clear, sharp copy of the article and send it to
      > me? My mailing address is on my website. If you can get a clear,
      > readable scan, that would be OK, too.
      >
      > Note to Keith: the DB illustration in Asia, July 1930, is the facing
      > page to the article...that's why it's termed "frontispiece."
      >
      > I also have a photocopy of the other article from Asia. If anyone
      > would like a photocopy, I think it will come out pretty good. I went
      > through heck and a major rainstorm to get a copy made from a library
      > bound volume, some years ago. The Seattle library's copiers are
      > terrible, so I talked a history department clerk into letting me remove
      > the volume from the premises. Believe me, if I'd needed ID in the
      > meantime....
      >
      > I also have notes from searching years of Reader's Guide to Periodical
      > Literature, the NY Times Index and similar indices. I may have pulled
      > copies of the items, but likely have only citations for most. I'll add
      > info to the database later this week.
      >
      > In my files, I found a great article on DB from "Let's Live." Does
      > anyone have copies of this publication, say about 1949 or 1950?
      > Apparently, the October 1949 issue has a cover photo of DB's artwork.
      >
      > Off the the library!
      >
      > ~~Cadia

      > Send money instantly to anyone with an email address!
      > It's as easy as sending email and it's FREE -- only at X.com.
      > Open an account today; It's quick, free, & there's no obligation!

      > -- http://www.egroups.com/vote?listname=aloha-donblanding&m=1

    • Show all 22 messages in this topic