4388Book printing variations

  • Michael
    Aug 6, 2008
      I have a 1935 edition of Vagabond's House--the 17th printing. I
      recently bought another copy from 10 years later, the 36th printing
      from 1945. Although the pagination is the same, the illustrations are
      mostly different and the paper quality and print itself are both
      inferior to the earlier. I would imagine this is not news to folks
      here, but I'm wondering if printings vary individually in quality--or
      whether there was a year where it was changed for all following
      editions. And is the same true on other titles? Thanks for any
      information on this.
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic