4360Re: [aloha-donblanding] PAINTING of AUNTY PINAU

  • Heidi Wright
    May 8, 2008
      Aloha,

      For years now I have read, almost daily all of the posting to this group. My mom died when I was young but I did learn from her the love of all things Don Blanding so when I stumbled upon your group years ago I subscribed. I feel like I know most of you although we have never met. I live in Olympia Wa and this week I was in Portland Oregon and someone told me of a very large used bookstore so I went to go see if they had any Don Blanding books I did not have. This bookstore is HUGE and I was able to add 5 new books to my collection!!!! The book store is called Powells and they have a web site where you can check and see what books they have. I could not think of anyone who be excited for me about my wonderful luck today except you all. So to Bev and the whole group today I found:

           Another Original Vagabond House (I always buy them when I find them to give to friends)
          Pilots Bail Out
          Floridays
          Mostly California
           Song of the Seven Senses
      I thought of you all and knew you would understand how excieted I am. So now I am going to go crawl into bed and read about Florida or maybe Hawaii....... so some other tropical location.
      Heidi