4349Re: Bohemian Poet's Group in Hawaii?

    Mar 15, 2008
      Yvette, thanks from me, too, for the tip on Bob Krause' index. While
      there are only 23 citations for Don Blanding, it does confirm my hope
      that DB did write a second article in 1924 to describe his Paris

      Unfortunately, that article is dated October 18, 1924 -- within the
      missing segment of Star-Bulletin microfilm that I've been trying to
      get my hands on. The period from October 16-31 is on the short list
      that I gave to Bev Leinbach before she went to Maui last week. If
      she can't locate it there, I'll start bugging the UH librarians and,
      if need be, the morgues of both Honolulu newspapers!

      Another S-B item that shows up in the Krause index is a 1920 article
      about the Honolulu arts scene. I will be reading 1920 microfilm soon.

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic