4342Re: Bohemian Poet's Group in Hawaii?

  • Yvette Fernandez Kama
    Mar 11, 2008
      Yes - it is our unfortunate loss of a true treasure - Bob passed on in
      September 2006.

      Much of his card index was donated and has been digitized and can be
      found here:

      there may be more DB information to be gleaned from this priceless
      research tool.

      --- In aloha-donblanding@yahoogroups.com, "keith2draw"
      <keith2draw@...> wrote:
      > Aloha Yvette,
      > First off, I had no idea Bob Krauss had passed away. How sad. I
      exchanged Blanding info with
      > him a few years back...he had a wealth of information on Hawaiian
      > I think the literary group that Bob refers to from the early 1920s
      was a loose-knit bunch of
      > newspaper journalists, poets and artists who would meet at Madge
      Tennent's three-story
      > house on Liliha Street (Don, and probably others, rented rooms from
      > I know Clifford Gessler was part of this group, but I don't know
      much more than that (I wish I
      > did!)
      > Keith
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic