4336Re: [aloha-donblanding] Re: 1917 Honolulu Advertiser: DB editorial cartoons & other artwork

    Feb 24, 2008
      Good job Cadia. These are incredible finds. Thanks
      so much for all your hard work on the microfiche. Not
      an easy job. tj

      http://myglassduchess.freeyellow.com/images12/17mar17a.jpg

      > Also, I was able to get a decent image of the
      > magazine cover
      > illustration, which is now in
      >
      > Files > Publications > Honolulu Advertiser > 1917
      > Articles on Don
      > Blanding
      >
      > As I sort through this material, I am still amazed
      > at the quality of
      > DB's early work. After all, in March 1917, he was
      > only 22 years old!
      >
      > Note to Keith: Please start sleuthing, if you
      > haven't already.
      > What "mainland publications" had used DB's
      > ilustrations by 1917?
      >
      > ~~Cadia

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic