4327Re: [aloha-donblanding] Re: Jimmy Buffet

    Feb 17, 2008
      Buffett's album Coconut Telegraph doesn't have a DB
      poem in it. At least not the album I looked at. I
      think the album title is taken from DB's Coconut
      Wireless poem however. I bought Buffett's album,
      Vocano, which has a DB poem on the inside cover in a
      very prominent position. As best I can tell at the
      moment there are only two Buffett albums with DB poems
      in them; Floridays and Volcano. Some of the other
      albums I viewed didn't have the slip covers with them
      so I don't know if they might have had DB poems or
      references. Always interesting to see the influence
      of DB on modern day people...tj
      --- Cadia Los <duchess@...> wrote:

      > From Keith's list of poems:
      >
      > Via "Coconut Wireless"
      > Drifter's Gold, pp. 52-53, 1939
      > Hawaii Says Aloha, pp. 110-111, 1955
      >
      > I don't know if this poem is part of the Jimmy
      > Buffet album, but you
      > can find the text in either book.
      >
      > ~~C~~

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic