4279Re: [aloha-donblanding] Re: Blanding and Christmas

  • mauibandb@aol.com
    Oct 24, 2007
      In a message dated 10/24/2007 5:41:32 PM Hawaiian Standard Time,
      duchess@... writes:
      Mahalo Cadia for your research.

      DB designed Christmas wrapping paper in 1926. See Files >
      Illustrations > Don Blanding and related articles from November 1926
      at Files > Publications > Honolulu Star-Bulletin > 1926 Articles on
      Don Blanding.

      are the items below on your website or we go to Star Bulletin?

      There's also a Santa Claus cover illustration for one of the 1950s
      Star-Bulletin magazines.

      In 1954, DB wrote a lengthy article about his first Christmas in
      Hawaii (1916).

      I'll try to look through the 1953-1957 S-B Saturday columns later
      this week to see what else he may have written about Christmas.
      Quite a few columns are already transcribed and published on the
      group website, but perhaps I can find a few more that specifically
      relate to Christmas. As we know, DB maintained a Christmas card
      list in the thousands. He referred to it often in his columns.