      From: aloha-donblanding@yahoogroups.com
      [mailto:aloha-donblanding@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of keith2draw
      Sent: Thursday, September 13, 2007 8:42 PM
      To: aloha-donblanding@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [aloha-donblanding] Re: Curious

      Michael,

      This board has had conversations on this subject many times over the past
      7-8 years, and
      the conclusion that we have reached is that we just don't know. He had a
      very public
      personna, but he was in fact a very private person. His close friends were
      very protective
      of his privacy and he lived in a time where sexual preferences were not
      openly talked
      about.

      He definately had girlfriends and was engaged to be married on at least
      three
      occasions...and did get married once, which ended in divorce after only a
      few years.

      He had male companions too, for lengths of time, which seem to be more
      intimate than
      would be normal for a mere friendship. They too didn't last very long
      though.

      So the feeling is that he was probably bi-sexual, but that he was not able
      to committ to
      relationships for more than a year or two.

      I have been researching Don personally for almost a decade now, and I have
      read
      hundereds of letters to and from him; read hundreds of articles and dozens
      of interviews;
      met and talked to people who knew him; and I can honestly say I have never
      seen any
      evidence that would point one way or another as to his sexual orientation.

      And the consensus amoung us is that it doesn't really matter one way or
      another anyway.
      He is defined by his verse, his art, and his many creative pursuits...and
      not by his love life,
      or lack thereof.

      Keith Emmons

      --- In aloha-donblanding@ <mailto:aloha-donblanding%40yahoogroups.com>