4193Happy Lei Day!

    May 1, 2007
      Lei Day celebrations at Kapiolani Park

      (Honolulu Advertiser)

      The 80th annual Lei Day Celebration takes place at Kapiolani Park from 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
      today featurng performances by the Royal Hawaiian Band, Kapena, the Makaha Sons and
      Kawao as well as hula halau. The investiture ceremony for the 2007 Lei Queen and Court will
      also take place

      Later, at 7:30 p.m., The Brothers Cazimeo 30th Anniversary May Day concert takes place at
      the Waikiki Shell. The early celebrations are free. The Caz concer tickets range from $20 to

      Cadia...Isn't it the 79th anniversary? My notes tell me it started in 1928...but I noticed on a
      web search that some sources have it as 1927.

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic