4169Re: [aloha-donblanding] Re: I need help in identifying 3 Blanding drawings

  • Curt Blanding
    Mar 28, 2007
      >We can safely rule out 1917 (no DB pageants that year), 1918-1920 (DB
      >was either in the army or away from Honolulu), and 1926 (DB was in Los
      >Angeles most of the year).

      According to the Diamond Head Theater website (aka Honolulu Community
      Theater), they had a play called "The Monkey's Paw" in the 1920-21
      Season. The Monkey in one illustration makes me wonder if this might
      have been connected to that play.

      I don't know how to contact them to find out any more information
      they may have. We know that Don was actively involved with them from
      1916 on for several years.

      By the way, I spent about 4 hours looking thru all of Don's books and
      I didn't find anything close to these. It was pretty fun looking
      thru the books!

      Curt
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic