4162Re: [aloha-donblanding] I need help in identifying 3 Blanding drawings

    Mar 27, 2007
      I've gone through the rarest of his books I own and
      see nothing matching up. I'll go through some of the
      books I own that he did illustrations for but I really
      don't recognize them from any books I own so far. I'm
      thinking they might be illustrations he did for plays
      and his theatrical productions. You really lucked out
      getting them for the price you paid. Had I been home
      we might have been competing for them. Glad they are
      in good hands though. tj

      --- keith2draw <keith2draw@...> wrote:

      > I have uploaded a photograph of three pieces of
      > artwork by Blanding that I just bought from
      > ebay. I need everyone's help in identifying them.
      > They look vaguely familiar but I just can't
      > place them. I can't even tell if they are originals
      > or prints. They are black and white with some
      > gold ink painted on certain areas. I'm hesitent to
      > take them out of their frames. They are
      > stamped Meier & Frankleo, Portland, Oregon and they
      > look old. The seller obtained them
      > from an estate sale of a 91-year-old Santa Cruz,
      > Calif. resident.
      >
      > The photo was uploaded to the following section:
      > Files > Illustrations > Don Blanding
      >
      > ...and is at the top of the page entitled "3 unknown
      > drawings by Don"
      >
      > Have a look and someone please help me solve the
      > mystery.
      >
      > Keith

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic