4128Re: Don Blanding film clip on YouTube

    Feb 1, 2007
      Keith, that's a neat find! On dial-up, the video hesitates about
      every 5 seconds, but I was finally able to get a complete run. Who is
      the woman?

      Of course, I have heard DB's voice before, but seeing him "live" just
      gives me goosebumps!

      Is this video related to any of the travelogues that DB made in the
      1930s? I know that 3 of the films have been transferred to VHS and
      are in the Bishop Museum's collection. The films are narrated by DB;
      not sure if he actually appears on screen. They run from 10 minutes
      to about 38 minutes.

      In 1934, DB was planning to return to Honolulu for Lei Day ... but
      cancelled the trip because he was "doing films in Hollywood."

      I wonder if there's any chance of obtaining copies of the
      travelogues ... for a price, of course.

      ~~C~~
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic