4083Re: [aloha-donblanding] Re: Dancing Heart

    Dec 11, 2006
      Reply #2 - - - On my original Dancing Heart, is
      inscribed, "for Jean", Aloha Don Blanding, but the
      poem in "A Grand Time Living" pg 151, is dedicated to
      "June" not "Jean". Don't know if they are two
      different people or DB just got mixed up. The writing
      on the fringes of the art piece I found show the name.
      Mrs. L.M. Yohe, probably the mother. More misterys to
      solve....tj

      --- keith2draw <keith2draw@...> wrote:

      > TJ,
      >
      > I noticed on a geanealogical website you were
      > looking for the whereabouts of June Yohe.
      > June Annabelle Yohe passed away on March 2, 1986 in
      > Hayward, California just 10 days
      > short of her 60th birthday. I bet she still has
      > family there. Since Hayward is only about an
      > hour from you, you could probably dig up an obituary
      > for her.
      >
      > Keith
      >
      > --- In aloha-donblanding@yahoogroups.com,
      > TJMarkle@... wrote:
      > >
      > > Tj's DB art piece is called "Dancing Heart".
      > It is in a "A Grand Time
      > > Living", page 151. Pretty neat original now that
      > I know where it came from.
      > > The inscription was:
      > >
      > > "For June...a young dancer, in an iron lung for a
      > while..........typical DB
      > > empathy for young people in dire straits.........
      > >
      > > Dancing Heart wears silken shoes,
      > > silver moon-threads, gleaming, glancing,
      > > Dew-hung web on curling fern
      > > Where the sun-juwels shine and turn,
      > > Hoarfrost needles, lacing, lancing,
      > > Dyed with sky-of-April blues