4037Re: Springtime

    Jul 4 10:11 AM
      Hi, Tom ...

      Just a mismarked piece. It happens a lot. I have a "Delight" bowl
      that's missing the yellow ... which probably makes it Glamour.

      As far as I know, Vernon Kilns did not have a pattern called
      Springtime, and Metlox did not use the Ultra blank. It's possible,
      however, that your Lei Lani cup was part of a jobber's order. The
      customer may have wanted a more generic name than Lei Lani.

      Vernon Kilns made Lei Lani on 3 blanks: Ultra (1940+), Melinda (1942)
      and San Marino (1947+). On the Melinda blank, it was renamed Hawaii.

      The four "lotus" designs are Lei Lani, Honolulu, Hilo and Hawaiian
      Flowers.

      The first 3 are hand-painted on maroon, blue and brown backgrounds,
      respectively. That's the major difference. Hawaiian Flowers is a
      plain-print transfer in blue, maroon, pink or light orange.