4035Re: [aloha-donblanding] Springtime

    Jul 3, 2006
      Nice try but wrong pattern. My cup is without a doubt
      a Vernon Kilns Lei lani design with Springtime as the
      design name. Tomorrow I'll compare Sprintime with
      several other Lei Lani Patterns I own. To the naked
      eye I can't tell the difference other than the design
      name.....we'll keep looking and
      researching....thanks...tj

      --- Linda Allred <linall9@...> wrote:

      > Tom, look at this website and scroll down to
      > Springtime. Is that the same pattern? It says
      > Metlox Pottery began in 1927 in Manhattan Beach,
      > California and grew to become one of California's
      > premier pottery companies. There were two divisions
      > within Metlox, the Poppytrail Division and the
      > Vernonware Division (due to Metlox's purchase of
      > Vernon Kilns in 1942). We carry over 60 patterns of
      > Metlox. Their Vernonware Division is listed
      > separately.
      >
      > http://www.hillhousewares.com/category0maker2.html
      >
      > Tom Markle <tjmarkle@...> wrote:
      > And so, I RV'd up to Brookings Oregon for
      > the last two weeks. While browsing some
      > local Antique and junkie shops I came across a
      > likely looking Lei Lani coffee cup.
      > Much to my surprise when I turned it over, it was
      > marked with all the usual Aloha
      > Don Blanding, Vernon Kilns, etc.....but it was not
      > marked Lei Lani. It was titled,
      > Springtime.........I hadn't heard of this version
      > before????? So, someone educate me on this
      > one. I thought could it be a forgery? Is it a 1950's
      > version of Lei Lani? Was it mis-
      > marked? The cup is in pristine condition, though the
      > writing is a bit foggy and not
      > clear. Do I now own the Holy Grail? Hmmmmm. Anyone
      > heard of this before??? tj

      > removed]

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic