4027Re: [aloha-donblanding] Re: James Blanding - 1910 census

    Jun 3, 2006
      I've found other miscue's with DB himself. Always
      have to check data and sources. I ordered newspapers
      from Gardner and Livingston from 1894-1912 figuring
      that Yellowstone was a big deal then and maybe James
      Blanding would be featured somewhere as he was cutting
      in the original roads to the new National Park. Maybe
      a teenager named Don Blanding will be standing/sitting
      next to him. We'll see.....tj

      --- Cadia Los <duchess@...> wrote:

      ---------------------------------
      Tom ...

      There is a James Blanding listed in Gardiner, Park
      County, MT (I
      think on the 1910 census), but the age is all wrong.
      This James B.
      was born about 1861. If the age is correct, then it
      is not our James.

      On the other hand, with all the errors I've been
      finding on
      documents, and as transcribed via Ancestry.com, well,
      I could accept
      our James being in both Jardine School District, Park
      County, in 1910
      as well as in Gardiner.

      I've also discovered a major discrepancy in James
      military service.
      The pension document of 1890 shows James with 3 years'
      service, May
      1862 - July 1865, in Company H, 41st Wisconsin.
      However, last night
      I printed out the regiment's history and part of the
      list of
      soldiers, including James C. Blanding of Lancaster,
      WI. The regiment
      was not even formed until May 1864 and mustered out in
      September
      1864. It was the last of three 100-day regiments from
      Wisconsin.

      Big difference!

      ~~C~~

      aloha-donblanding@...