4009Re: [aloha-donblanding] Re: Unpublished manuscript - No Strings on Tomorrow

    May 14 1:25 PM
      Yup, I know all of that too. But, Joy is one of my
      favorite books for personal reasons. I had to give it
      a shot and see what the response would be and now I
      know. I don't take it personal Keith. Your info is
      always appreciated....tj
      --- keith2draw <keith2draw@...> wrote:

      ---------------------------------
      Tom,

      I would recommend you self-publish 'No Strings' as I
      think there would only be a very small
      market for this book, and no publishers are going to
      back it. As with 'Joy is an inside Job,'
      Don had wandered so far from his Hawaiian poetry roots
      that only his most loyal fans bought
      copies and from what I have gleaned from the archives
      of Dodd, Mead & Company, it was a
      money loser and they published 'Joy' more as a favor
      to Don than anything else.

      If you were to print a limited edition of about fifty
      copies, I think some from this group would
      buy copies, and you could donate a few to museums and
      libraries in the places Don lived. It
      would be a nice tribute, but don't expect to recoup
      your costs...I haven't really made much
      from the Lost Works books I published in December.

      Just my two cents worth...and don't take it as being
      negative...I just know that publishers out
      there want sure sellers, and 'No Strings' is an
      obscure, slightly metaphysical last work of a
      little-known author.

      aloha-donblanding@...

      Poetry
      writing Poetry book