3992Re: [aloha-donblanding] Re: Honolulu Star Bulletin 1923 and 1928

  • SSchnei548@aol.com
    Apr 28, 2006
      Hi Keith - Just to clarify a few things:

      The Chase brothers lived next to Orre's compound. I well remember them as
      they were often around the Manor. Point of interest - I have a couple of their
      woodblock prints.

      The name of the river is the Skokomish which is also the name of the local
      Indian tribe and their reservation. The Chase brothers activities were
      primarily on the South Fork.

      The Noble's home was "Olympus Manor."

      In the book "Hood Canal Splendor at Risk" (published in 1991) there is a
      reference to the "Once Thriving Artist Colony" (page 225).

      Hope this helps.

      Carol in San Rafael