3968Re: [aloha-donblanding] Don Blanding talks

    Apr 4, 2006
      I am amazed at how you keep track of things online!!!
      Yes, my talk is tonight. Have no idea of what to
      expect. This is a small mountain community of 18,000
      people total, spread out all over the place. One
      thing I will stress tonight is the Blanding/Earle
      Stanley Gardner (ESG) friendship. Gardner grew up in
      these parts and I suspect DB must have visited the
      area. I hope some reeeelllllly old people are here
      tonight as they would be the audience that would
      remember these things. My mini Library display has
      drawn a little attention but not a lot yet. I got one
      lead on a house owned by ESG during the years that DB
      would have been in Carmel/Monterey. Chico Ca. (right
      below Paradise Ca.) is on the old route to Oregon and
      DB might have used it as a pit stop with ESG. Well,
      who knows.......I'll give a report tomorrow on the
      lecture...aloha..tj

      --- keith2draw <keith2draw@...> wrote:

      ---------------------------------
      Hey TJ...I'm going to plug our talks. I'm assuming
      yours is today?

      NATIONAL LIBRARY WEEK, PARADISE LIBRARY EVENT: 7 p.m.
      Conference room, 5922 Clark
      Road. Tom Markle, Paradise resident and collector of
      Blanding books, poems, letters, Vernon
      Ware dinner plates, music and artwork presents, "Meet
      Don Blanding, 1894-1957: Artist by
      Nature, Actor by Instinct, Poet by Accident and
      Vagabond by Choice." 872-6320 during
      library hours.

      My lecture is the evening of April 17th, Kingfisher
      Library, Kingfisher, Oklahoma (I'm still not
      sure what time it is).

      I'll take some pictures of Don Blanding Avenue.

      aloha-donblanding@...

      Terms of Service.

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic