3953Re: Fred Genee' poem

    Mar 21, 2006
      The wild goose chase you went on a number of years back was for the former home of Nell

      The Sally Rand connection with Don was through a mutual friend in Lawton, Oklahoma.
      Lucille Henderson was a childhood friend of Don's (she reportedly bought his first drawing)
      and she was also friends with Sally. Lucille sponsored/hosted alot of soldiers during WWII and
      she may have met Saly through a war benefit or something.

      I was given a large lot of Blanding letters owned by Lucille a few years back, and within the
      letters was one Sally wrote to Lucille.

      I believe it was Bev who took the North Ogden pictures.

      By-the-way, can anyone think of any drawings of dogs Blanding did for any of his books?

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic