3936Re: DB Hawaiian Prints

    Jan 17, 2006
      Hi Jackie,

      I'm responding to your message about the model on my Hawaiian shirts
      page. You said it may be your mother in law...how interesting!

      In May 2003 a woman from Sacramento donated a whole folder of items
      to me from her late grandmother Jeanne Wright, who designed
      Blanding's first line of Hawaiian clothing in 1953.

      Included in the packet were about a dozen photos of the
      designs...most of them being modeled by this woman. Also there were
      some drawings (possibly by Don) and articles about the designs,
      advertisements, etc...

      I've uploaded a better photo of the model to my website. Please look
      at it and let me know if it is indeed Nancy Buck so that I can
      update my notes. Link to photo:

      http://www.don-blanding.com/model.jpg

      Also, thanks for your kind comments on the 'Lost Works' book.