3926Re: [aloha-donblanding] lost Vagabond's House, contains this poem

  • Linda Cast
    Jan 13, 2006
      Jackie,

      Hey, thanks for replying! I can still envision the
      poem on the lower corner of a page that was common
      style (not the New Yorker or Time, for example). That
      was in 1963 or 4 - maybe Life? I tore it out, so it
      must have been a subscription. I'm sure it's the
      complete poem, as I memorized it and considered it
      frequently. I loved the beach more than any house, and
      thought of the poem as praise of the beach. Probably
      too young to think about sad walls.

      Thanks for your kind thoughts, it was fun telling you
      about it.

      Linda

      --- Jackie Collins <jackiecollins@...>
      wrote:

      > Linda
      > What a sad poem. The writer
      > must have had such dark thoughts.
      >
      > Can you recall the magazine which published
      > the copy you had? Is that the poem in its
      > entirety?
      >
      > I hope you find it!
      >
      > Aloha...........Jackie
      >

      > Jacqueline Collins, Realtor Associate
      > Mary Worrall Associates, Inc.
      > Exclusive Affiliate of Christie's Great Estates
      > Cell: (808) 224-4285
      > Office: (808) 739-4465
      > FAX: (808) 394-2201
      > email: JackieCollins@...
      > (All outgoing mail scanned by Norton Antivirus)

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic