3881Re: [aloha-donblanding] Re: Ebay Blanding auction site offerings

  • Michael Pfeffer
    Jan 6, 2006
      Hello all,
      Don't forget that I have pretty much all the DB pottery one could ever need and when the time comes will donate most to a museum so we are pretty well set on saving a representative sample of his stuff.

      Aloha, MTP

      I am more focused on the Flowers of the Rainbow
      Promo's. I'll let the negative go to you but I'll
      keep an eye on it. As you know I prefer to have the
      originals of things not copies and so the Flowers
      poems and promo is more my style. I'll bidding on
      those for sure and see how high the actually go. I
      have some limits also but would like to have at least
      one of them. You tend to buy and then sell later when
      you need cash which is understandable but I'll be
      keeping them for posterity and my eventual legacy to a
      museum of choice. We can share copies later or
      horsetrade. if we get them. tj

      --- keith2draw <keith2draw@...> wrote:

      ---------------------------------
      Tom,

      We both have our eyes on the same prize. I'm leaving
      on Sunday for a week in San Francisco,
      but have programmed my auction bidder to place
      absentee bids on all three items. If I'm
      lucky enough to win any or all of the items I will
      gladly share copies with you.

      As for the photo negative...I contacted the seller and
      asked her if there were any more of
      Blanding. She had 11 Blanding negatives, which were
      all slightly damaged in some way. I paid
      her $100 for all of them and she sent them in the mail
      yesterday. She said the 11 negs were
      from a later sitting. My brother is a professional
      photographer and has provided me with the
      name of a company which restores damaged
      negatives...so we'll see what comes of it.

      I'll be attending the MacWorld Conference in S.F., and
      will be hitting the library and local
      bookstores in my spare time.

      aloha-donblanding@...

      Terms of Service.