3866Merry Christmas!

    Dec 23, 2005
      Yesterday, December 22, was the 89th anniversary of Don Blanding's
      arrival in Hawaii. In 1954, he wrote a lengthy article about that
      experience, which I am in the process of transcribing. Had hoped to
      have it ready by now but perhaps by the New Year.

      For now, may I wish each of you a Merry Christmas and say thanks for
      your continuing interest in Blanding, his life and work. The
      research goes on; even today I read August 1923 microfilm for nearly
      2-1/2 hours. Only one item of interest so far, an article about the
      pending opening of Crossroads Studio by DB and Frank Moore.

      Fortunately, the Seattle library is open on Monday. While everyone
      else is out shopping the post-Christmas sales, I'll be at the library
      once again!

      Hope everyone has a happy and safe holiday!

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic