3854Re: Blanding book on ebay - Lost Works - NEW!

    Dec 5, 2005
      Cadia - I'm glad you approve.

      Keep in mind, this is just an appetizer before the main course. The
      biography is actually coming along well. I've made huge strides with
      certain areas of Don's life.

      With this book (which plugs this website, by the way) we can bring
      in new folks who aren't necessarily poetry lovers. Almost all the
      material in the book is Hawaiian-themed, so that 'grabs' the
      Hawaiiana market too.

      I'm going to start compiling stories and articles for volume two.
      There are articles Don wrote for Town & Country and Decorative Arts
      Magazine that I'm trying to track down. I also have three short
      stories that he co-wrote with Nell Martin still to find.

      The exciting news is that today I was invited to lecture to the
      Friends of the Kingfisher Library in April during Book Week. They
      are offering to pay all my expenses and have a book signing. I'm
      feeling a spooky kinship with Blanding. I can get some research done
      while I'm there.