3847Re: 1922 Aji-No-Moto Ads ... and beyond

    Oct 20, 2005
      As I read 1923 Star-Bulletin microfilm, I've begun seeing more Aji-No-
      Moto ads. None in January or February, but published about 3 or 4
      times a week beginning in March. One is about Clam-Less Chowder, "an
      Oklahoma recipe."

      Yes, I'm making copies of 'em. Also finding some of George Mellen's
      Musa-shiya ads, which seem to appear every 2 Saturdays at this point.
      This highly successful and award-winning ad campaign ran for at least 3
      years, maybe longer.

      Blanding, though apparently working for Charles Frazier in early 1923,
      also contributed an occasional book review or poem to the S-B's books
      and letters page. "Somewhere on Punchbowl Hill" shows up on March 3,

      Another trip to the library on Saturday ...

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic