3820Re: [aloha-donblanding] Don Blanding for the 100 notable citizens on Honolulu

    Sep 11, 2005
      With the Centenial Ball set for Nov 2005, my question
      would be; Are the 100 honoree's already chosen? If
      not, how do we get input into the selection? We have
      Michael Pfeiffer (sorry about the spelling Michael), a
      prominent resident of Honolulu who is in our group
      that could help us with this. Curt Blanding is also
      residing in Honolulu and might be able to get info for
      us. It would be important to find out who we need to
      talk to, email, phone, etc., in the event the
      honoree's are not yet chosen.
      Michael.....Curt....where are you? tj

      --- Allen Dayton <adayton@...> wrote:

      ---------------------------------
      The following is from the July-August 2005 issue of
      Hawaii Magazine--
      page 12

      The city and county of Honolulu will observe the 100th
      anniversary of
      its establishment by honoring 100 notable citizens and
      staging 100
      events from July 1 of 2005 to July 1 of 2006. There
      will be a
      Centennial Ball on Nov. 17 for 6 to 10 PM at the
      Sheraton Waikiki. It
      will honor 100 residents who have made significant
      contributions to
      Honolulu over the past century. There will be 100
      tables, each
      dedicated to one of the honorees.

      The Honolulu Centennial Celebration Commission was
      formed on march 14 to
      plan and implement the centennial celebration.

      Note that all events are subject to Change.

      For more information, call 808-523-4674 or email
      moca-info@...

      The article says that you can read more about
      Honolulu's history by
      perusing www.co.honolulu.hi.us/cchnl.htm#city

      I would certainly think that the contributions that
      Don Blanding made in
      literature, poetry, art, theater, radio, etc. would
      warrant his
      inclusion on the list. Other than e-mailing them with
      our
      recommendations, does anyone have good ideas how to
      best bring this to
      the Commission's attention? Tom, Cadia, Bev, Keith;
      you guys have been
      the most active--Any thoughts.

      :-) Al Dayton

      aloha-donblanding@...