3818Don Blanding for the 100 notable citizens on Honolulu

  • Allen Dayton
    Sep 11, 2005
      The following is from the July-August 2005 issue of Hawaii Magazine--
      page 12

      The city and county of Honolulu will observe the 100th anniversary of
      its establishment by honoring 100 notable citizens and staging 100
      events from July 1 of 2005 to July 1 of 2006. There will be a
      Centennial Ball on Nov. 17 for 6 to 10 PM at the Sheraton Waikiki. It
      will honor 100 residents who have made significant contributions to
      Honolulu over the past century. There will be 100 tables, each
      dedicated to one of the honorees.

      The Honolulu Centennial Celebration Commission was formed on march 14 to
      plan and implement the centennial celebration.

      Note that all events are subject to Change.

      For more information, call 808-523-4674 or email moca-info@...

      The article says that you can read more about Honolulu's history by
      perusing www.co.honolulu.hi.us/cchnl.htm#city

      I would certainly think that the contributions that Don Blanding made in
      literature, poetry, art, theater, radio, etc. would warrant his
      inclusion on the list. Other than e-mailing them with our
      recommendations, does anyone have good ideas how to best bring this to
      the Commission's attention? Tom, Cadia, Bev, Keith; you guys have been
      the most active--Any thoughts.

      :-) Al Dayton