3782Kimbles-family of DB's mother

  • donwen@aol.com
    Jun 8, 2005
      Hi Cadia,
      I looked further in the census - and am sure I was mistaken now about
      Erastus Kimble boarding with the Kasek family in 1880 in Wahpeton, Dakota
      Territory. That was wrong.
      In the 1820 census (below), it may be the elder Erastus, James L.'s father
      and Ida's grandfather.
      In the 1850 census (below) it looks like elder Erastus is living with his
      daughters, Sarah, Elizabeth and Ellen. Inez is a daughter of Erastus'
      daughter, Mary B.Kimble who married Daniel Newton --- at least these relations are
      listed in OneWorldTree.
      The 1910 census (below) in Los Angeles is Erastus E. Kimble, probably the
      son of James L. Kimball, and the brother of Ida Kimble Bacon Blanding (DB's
      mother)
      I also found land records in Minnesota (1835, 1839) and Wisconsin
      (1857) for an Erastus Kimble.
      Below is one listing on oneworldtree for Erastus Kimble. There is a lot
      more there on the ancestors of Erastus Kimble and Nancy Ainsley. For what's
      it's worth. Perhaps you've got all this.
      Aloha, Donna (hope I didn't make too many transcription errors here:-))

      OneWorldTree - Ancestry.com
      Erastus Kimble
      B: 1788
      D: 2 Feb 1875 Marengo, Calhoun, MI, USA
      wife: Nancy Ansley
      Birth: 1790 in [city], Wayne, PA, USA
      Death: 16 Apr 1868 in [city], Calhoun, MI, USA
      Marriage: 1810
      Children Sex Birth
      Ellen Kimble F
      Elizabeth F Kimble F
      Sarah A Kimble F
      Mary B Kimble F
      James L Kimble M
      Delinda Kimble F
      Ruth Kimble F 1816 in [city], [county], PA, USA

      1820 Census
      Name: Erastus Kimble
      Township: Middle Smithfield, Delaware, Palmyra, Upper Smithfield, and
      Lackawaxen
      County: Pike
      State: Pennsylvania
      Roll: M33_111 Page: 5 Image Number: 11

      1870 Census - Hastings, Barry Co., Michigan, 25 Aug 1870
      Roll:M593_661 Page:152 Image:381
      Bancroft, James W. 45 Male White Rector of Emmanuel Church b. VT abt
      1825
      " Sarah 43 Fem White Keeps House
      b. PA abt 1827
      Newton, Inez E. 18 Fem White
      b. MI abt 1852
      Kimble, Erastus 82 Male White Farmer
      b. PA abt 1788
      Chamberlin, Elizabeth 45 Fem White
      b. PA abt 1825
      Kimble, Ellen 32 Fem White Dressmaker
      b. PA abt 1838

      1910 Census Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California :
      Name: Erastus E. Kimble
      Age in 1910: 56
      Estimated birth year: abt 1854
      Birthplace: Wisconsin Father born: PA; Mother b. VT
      Race: White Gender: Male Occupation: Carpenter - from Home.
      First marriage; Married 10 years
      Married to Mary An Kimble age 45; 2nd Marriage. Married 10 years. Four
      Children, four living in 1910. Born in Louisana. Father born ?Denmark? Mother
      born ?Ireland?. Speaks English. Occupation: ?Doctor?
      Series: T624 Roll: 81 Part: 2 Page:154B Year: 1910
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic