      From: keith2draw <keith2draw@...>
      Sent: Jan 6, 2005 7:21 AM
      To: aloha-donblanding@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [aloha-donblanding] Re: Don Blanding in Carmel, 1944

      <tt>
      <BR>
      Cadia,<BR>
      <BR>
      I did a search on this website and came up with the following <BR>
      message from Jim Whiteley in Aug. 2000:<BR>
      <BR>
      In a letter to Lucille Henderson, August 10, 1944 (the return address<BR>
      is Drawer U, Carmel, Calif.) Don mentions Vagabond's House:<BR>
      <BR>
      Helen Spencer is carrying on the business, but Bob has been in<BR>
      the Army, mostly at Camp Hulen down near the Gulf (and is it hot and<BR>
      muggy THERE), and very homesick. I live around the corner from what<BR>
      was Vagabond's House. Helen has made it over to suit them..which is<BR>
      right and proper, but it is not remotely my Vagabond's House any<BR>
      longer..but I never did do any regretting. It served its purpose,<BR>
      and I often go in and out of the house quite forgetting that it was<BR>
      ever mine. We never really own anything anyhow, and the sooner we<BR>
      learn that the better off we'll be, especially in human relations.<BR>
      There's a horrible murder case pending here right now , due to<BR>
      possessiveness of a human life.<BR>
      <BR>
      -----<BR>
      <BR>
      I also just dug up an article from the Monterey Peninsula Herald on <BR>
      March 2, 1944:<BR>
      <BR>
      DON BLANDING IS BACK IN CARMEL -- AND VERY GLAD OF IT<BR>
      <BR>
      The article indicated that he was back to stay, indefinately (or at <BR>
      least for a few months.) I'll see what other info I have in my files.<BR>
      <BR>
      Keith<BR>
      <BR>
      <BR>