      From: keith2draw [mailto:keith2draw@...]
      Sent: Tuesday, March 23, 2004 1:48 PM
      To: aloha-donblanding@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [aloha-donblanding] Re: Dead Poets Society

      Welcome back tj,

      Yes, it has been a little quiet around here. The Carmel Blanding book idea
      interesting...I wish you luck putting that together.

      My book has stalled a bit of late...too much time spent on fatherhood, work,
      and getting
      the house fixed up for a possible resale next year. I try and work on Blanding
      when I can,
      but haven't had any big leaps for awhile. Still some research to do in Hawaii,
      as Bev
      mentioned, but I'm trying to write the chapters in which I already have
      adequate material
      until I can afford a jaunt to the islands. This is one of the businest periods
      of my life, so
      the research and writing has had to take a back seat to everything else.

      The book won't be as expansive as you might think tj...I'm very aware that too
      details would bog down the story, and bore readers...but I'm always looking
      for the small
      details nonetheless as they often lead to major breakthroughs. I'm hoping for
      a 250-300
      page book which summarizes the important phases of his life (Lawton, Chicago,
      Carmel, Florida, New York and Hollywood) with a larger focus on his days in
      which he is of course most associated with.

      Vanessa and I hope to relocate from Colorado to the west coast next year,
      Oregon. We went there last month for a week and really liked Portland and
      Corvallis. The
      only thing that bothers us is the high unemployment rate there. We also might
      Northern California, but are not sure if we can afford the high cost of living

      The east coast is a slim possibility too...maybe Florida or North Carolina.
      Any advice from
      the group?

      Yahoo! Groups Links

      <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .