      From: keith2draw <keith2draw@...>
      Sent: Mar 23, 2004 1:47 PM
      To: aloha-donblanding@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [aloha-donblanding] Re: Dead Poets Society

      <tt>
      Welcome back tj,<BR>
      <BR>
      Yes, it has been a little quiet around here. The Carmel Blanding book idea sounds <BR>
      interesting...I wish you luck putting that together.<BR>
      <BR>
      My book has stalled a bit of late...too much time spent on fatherhood, work, and getting <BR>
      the house fixed up for a possible resale next year. I try and work on Blanding when I can, <BR>
      but haven't had any big leaps for awhile. Still some research to do in Hawaii, as Bev <BR>
      mentioned, but I'm trying to write the chapters in which I already have adequate material <BR>
      until I can afford a jaunt to the islands. This is one of the businest periods of my life, so <BR>
      the research and writing has had to take a back seat to everything else.<BR>
      <BR>
      The book won't be as expansive as you might think tj...I'm very aware that too many <BR>
      details would bog down the story, and bore readers...but I'm always looking for the small <BR>
      details nonetheless as they often lead to major breakthroughs. I'm hoping for a 250-300 <BR>
      page book which summarizes the important phases of his life (Lawton, Chicago, Taos, <BR>
      Carmel, Florida, New York and Hollywood) with a larger focus on his days in Honolulu, <BR>
      which he is of course most associated with.<BR>
      <BR>
      Vanessa and I hope to relocate from Colorado to the west coast next year, possibly <BR>
      Oregon. We went there last month for a week and really liked Portland and Corvallis. The <BR>
      only thing that bothers us is the high unemployment rate there. We also might consider <BR>
      Northern California, but are not sure if we can afford the high cost of living there.<BR>
      <BR>
      The east coast is a slim possibility too...maybe Florida or North Carolina. Any advice from <BR>
      the group?<BR>
      <BR>
      Keith<BR>
      <BR>