3513Re: DB and my great grandfather

    Nov 3 2:55 PM

      Sorry about the slow response to this message (one year later) but do you remember
      when your great-grandmother made the entries about Blanding? I'm wondering when
      Don was making plans to do business with William Twigg-Smith.

      Did your grandfather Thurston Twigg-Smith ever have any dealings with Blanding.

      --- In aloha-donblanding@yahoogroups.com, "Michael" <mpfeffer@p...> wrote:
      > Hello all,
      > Came across a reference to DB in an unlikely place--my great
      > grandmother's diary. She mentions DB in a number of places as being
      > a friend of my great grandfather (William Twigg-Smith). Twigg-Smith
      > was a photographer and professional landscape painter who lived in
      > Hawaii from 1916 to 1950 when he passed away. Not sure how he knew
      > DB, but the diary mentions that they were thinking about doing
      > business together. Unfortunately, it does not mention what kind of
      > business and I cannot find any record that they actually did
      > something together. Still, it was really great to find a tangible
      > link to DB in my family history. Amazing how he keeps turning up when
      > you least expect it!
      > Hope all is well with all of you,
      > Michael
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic