3467Re: [aloha-donblanding] Living Trusts - DB

  • Al Dayton
    Oct 14, 2003
      This is an opinion and since I was born in Lawton, I am biased even
      though I haven't lived there for over 45 years. I visited DB exhibit at
      the Museum of the Great Plains, the exhibit in Carmel, and the History
      Room at the Hotel in Maui (I think the hotel was the Intercontinental,
      but I think it has change hands since I was there and I do not know the
      new name). At one time, the hotel had a dining room called Hula Moons
      but that has gone away. I got the feeling that the Maui Hotel was not
      that interested but the gentleman running it was. However he seemed
      confused about a few facts and I got the feeling that he might not be at
      the Hotel very long. I don't know if the Honolulu Academy of Arts is
      really interested in DB, but I met and talked to two of the people at
      the Great Plains Museum and I think they would really appreciate the
      collection. Even though DB was a Vagabond, he did return to Lawton
      often and was well thought of by the people of Lawton. I know my
      parents went to hear him on one of his last trips to Lawton. What ever
      you do, I hope it is appreciated.