3463Re: Blanding musical program

    Oct 13, 2003
      Tom,

      Here are the songs from the two musical programs that I have.
      Blanding collaborated with R. Alex Anderson on both shows.

      TROPIC TOPICS REVUE, June 3-4, 1925:
      Deep Sea Fox Trot - music by Anderson
      Spinster's Son - lyrics by Blanding, music by Anderson
      Girl of My Dreams - lyrics by Blanding, music by Anderson
      Aloha Land - words and music by Anderson
      I'm a Derelict - words and music by Anderson
      Artist Song Girls - words and music by Anderson
      Song of Types - lyrics by Blanding, music by Anderson
      Golden Shower Girl - lyrics by Blanding, music by Anderson

      HULA MOON, May 2-4, 1928
      Overture - music by Anderson
      Hula Moon - lyrics by Blanding, music by Anderson
      Haole Hula - music & lyrics by Anderson
      The Rocking Chair Fleet - lyrics by Blanding
      Why Kihi-kihis Swim Home - lyrics by Blanding, music by Anderson
      Medley from Tropic Topics - music & lyrics by Anderson
      Song of the Lei - lyrics by Blanding, music by Anderson
      Good-Bye, Honolulu - music & lyrics by Anderson
      Choosing Her Twosing - lyrics by Blanding, music by Anderson
      My Flower of the Rainbow - lyrics by Blanding, music by Anderson

      So Anderson did indeed completely write Haole Hula, as history
      states. I wonder what happened to some of the other songs through the
      passing of time.