3236Re: [aloha-donblanding] Re: Moonstone ring of DB's

  • tjmarkle@earthlink.net
    Apr 11, 2003
      -------Original Message-------
      From: Cadia Los <duchess@...>
      Sent: 04/11/03 08:13 PM
      To: aloha-donblanding@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [aloha-donblanding] Re: Moonstone ring of DB's

      DB wore two rings. One is a large moonstone. The other is Lapiz with the Centaur. Obviously they are two separate rings. the Lapiz was worn earlier, perhaps in the late twenties through the 30's. I think the moonstone was worn later in his life, though I'm not positve about it. We have photo's with both rings being prominently shown.
      Allen Sawtelle, who lived with DB in Hawaii as a kid says that the moonstone ring was too large for DB's finger and he always taped it with white tape instead of having it sized properly. Allen says it is in a silver setting.
      The moonstone I saw was not DB's ring. It did get some people talking though!!!! tj