3218Re: [aloha-donblanding] Welcome to invest in China!

  • MICHAEL BROOKMAN
    Apr 2, 2003
      "Stowaways in Paradise" may be racist by today's standard, but it certainly wasn't in the period in which it was written. Just like "Tom Sawyer" and others, it was probably towards the center or left for its time. michael
      RSRICHMOND@... wrote:>>We are Shaoxing Paojiang Industrial Zone, which is one of the largest
      development zones in China.<<

      Interesting spam, but spam nonetheless.

      Funny, in inviting foreign industry to locate in Shaoxing Paojiang Industrial
      Zone, Water Kim of the Paojiang Industrial Zone Foreign Investment Bureau
      doesn't mention the easy availability of ten cent an hour workers, children,
      and probably slave laborers. Guess they assume that if we're their kind of
      people, we know that already.

      Wonder what D.B. would think. His "Stowaways in Paradise" - the only one of
      his works I know well - is too racist to reprint, but I think that if he had
      lived in a better time he would not have written the book the way he did.

      Bob Richmond
      Knoxville TN